… and probably secretly mocked other people for doing until I had a baby:
- Pick someone else’s nose- bogie diving can be so rewarding!
- Change baby’s nappy and then smell it- even though I know it stinks because we had to evacuate the room she was sitting in at the time
- Lick my finger and rub food off someone else’s face- and no, I don’t just mean the baby here
- Lick the spoon when baby refuses that last mouthful- pumpkin, prune and apple puree isn’t actually that bad…
- Reheat a cup of tea in the microwave. Multiple times
- Leave the house wearing sick/snot/biscuit smeared trousers because I haven’t got the time (or clean clothes) to change
- Wipe a dribble of food from baby’s chin and then lick my finger clean because I don’t have a wipe or cloth nearby
- Discuss at length the shape, size, texture, smell, consistency and frequency of not only my baby’s poo, but that of all my friends’ babies
- Take baby to the bathroom with me when I go to the toilet. It feels a bit odd to be watched while weeing but better that than a screaming baby because I’ve left the room without her
- Sit and watch my baby sleeping because in that moment there is nothing else more important to do in the whole world.